I've been at this challenge since March 2010. When I started, I deliberately didn't set myself a time limit - just getting through all the recipes was going to be enough of a challenge, without adding the extra stress of a looming deadline.
While my determination to complete the whole book has never wavered, my momentum has been a bit erratic. Sometimes I feel very motivated and can knock off a number of recipes in a few short days. Other times I have to drag myself into the kitchen, or, having cooked something, have to force myself to sit down and start typing, in the hope that a mildly interesting account of the recipe will magically spring from my fingertips. Often enough, I just feel like cooking something that isn't Edmonds!
So for the past year or more, I've been averaging less than 10 recipes per month. This plodding along has got me to the point where, with 476 recipes behind me, I have only 100 still to go. That's light at the end of the tunnel.
I've also decided that I don't want this challenge to stretch beyond the three-year mark. That means I have until 12 March, 2013, to complete the remaining recipes. One hundred recipes, and just over four months to get them done. That might not sound too difficult, but it does mean I'll have to triple my current pace.
Think I can't do it?
Think I won't do it?
Watch me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts this week
-
It's hard to believe a whole three years have passed since I posted my first entry in this challenge, and even harder to believe I'v...
-
Ginger crunch (p63) - it's another Kiwi favourite, but as it happens, I'd never made it before. Any ginger crunch I've had in re...
-
I'm not usually obliged to come into work on a Saturday, but post-quake, routine has temporarily gone out the window: stock was moving...
-
It's still raining. And in this horrible weather I haven't felt like doing anything except curling up with a book and a Milo. I bri...
-
Did you know that there's a whole chapter in your Edmonds book dedicated to recipes based on Rice Risotto? Well, that's overstating ...
-
You'll be wondering about the title of this entry. Well, it's the random letters I accidentally pressed when I was trying to brush f...
-
There's only one chapter in the Edmonds book I hadn't yet ventured into: 'Desserts with Edmonds'. As you know, I don't h...
-
I'm sure you've been wondering what I plan to do with all that baking. The thing is, every year I do a lot of baking and take trays ...
-
I haven't made an entry for a while. Initially this neglect was due to the four hectic but hilarious days I spent in Picton, celebratin...
-
I had been wondering when I'd ever get around to making duck with orange (p140), the one duck recipe in the Edmonds book. The only ducks...
No comments:
Post a Comment