With a can of tomatoes at the ready, I began my soup, beginning by frying up some chopped onion and celery, then adding the chopped tomatoes along with tomato paste, chicken stock and seasoning. When this mixture was close to boiling, I took it off the heat and blitzed it in the food processor.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Fresh doesn't have to be best
With a can of tomatoes at the ready, I began my soup, beginning by frying up some chopped onion and celery, then adding the chopped tomatoes along with tomato paste, chicken stock and seasoning. When this mixture was close to boiling, I took it off the heat and blitzed it in the food processor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts this week
-
I've never had much luck with banana cakes. They always seem to come out overcooked on top and gooey in the centre. Yet I still make one...
-
I decided to ease myself into this challenge by starting with one familiar recipe and one totally unfamiliar one. For the unfamiliar rec...
-
I used to bake a lot as a kid. Since then, my parents' carefully-instilled lessons to do with checking you have all ingredients before ...
-
The sultana loaf really didn't last very long, so I had to find something else to make for my morning teas. Hokey pokey biscuits (p40) e...
-
I've had a busy time this weekend; Mum and Dad have been visiting to get a bit more work done on the house. I knew I had a barbecue to g...
-
Last night I actually got to make a recipe I was familiar with: honey oat biscuits (p41). This was, in fact, the recipe I ended up making on...
-
I can hardly complain that after the scorching summer-like weather we had over Easter, yesterday was a bit chilly and wet. Especially since ...
-
The trouble with buying cream for a sponge cake is that even if you get the smallest bottle available, you're only going to use half of ...
-
Ginger crunch (p63) - it's another Kiwi favourite, but as it happens, I'd never made it before. Any ginger crunch I've had in re...
-
I was heading over to Akaroa on Sunday, to spend the day with Mum, Dad and Nana, who are staying there for the week. I figured I had time to...
No comments:
Post a Comment