With a can of tomatoes at the ready, I began my soup, beginning by frying up some chopped onion and celery, then adding the chopped tomatoes along with tomato paste, chicken stock and seasoning. When this mixture was close to boiling, I took it off the heat and blitzed it in the food processor.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Fresh doesn't have to be best
With a can of tomatoes at the ready, I began my soup, beginning by frying up some chopped onion and celery, then adding the chopped tomatoes along with tomato paste, chicken stock and seasoning. When this mixture was close to boiling, I took it off the heat and blitzed it in the food processor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts this week
-
I had half a banana and one strip of streaky bacon left over from my banana and bacon English muffin topping. Ideal for making a little S...
-
The trouble with buying cream for a sponge cake is that even if you get the smallest bottle available, you're only going to use half of ...
-
My biggest (or only) remaining conundrum was this: "what excuse can I possibly come up with, for making cheese fondue (p147)?" W...
-
I had a handful of Granny Smiths that had been sitting in my fruit bowl ever since I made apple and blackberry jelly almost a month ago. Th...
-
It's been well over two years since my semi-successful attempt at beef olives . I decided it was time I had another go - but this time,...
-
Back when I'd finished my first 100 recipes, I wrote an entry listing my ' top 10 ' so far. I'd actually intended to do thes...
-
I'm starting to get a bit of vege from the garden, which is pretty exciting for a newbie gardener. I've even been able to make a sal...
-
I'm sure you all remember my sultana cake from a few days ago - that shining example of what happens when you don't pay attention t...
-
It's hard to believe a whole three years have passed since I posted my first entry in this challenge, and even harder to believe I'v...
-
I'd happily eat ANZAC biscuits (p34) any day of the year, but if there's one day that it's particularly appropriate to make the...
No comments:
Post a Comment